In this section, we will cover the basics of Python, with the needs of social science researchers specifically in mind. If you have never used Python before, or need a refresh, this is the place to start.
New guides go live every week through the end of 2018 - in just an hour or so a week you should expect to gain the foundational basics to help you with your research.
- Oct-25-2018: Why Python: Learn the possibilities
- Oct-27-2018: Getting going: Installing and running your first program
- Oct-29-2018: The basic data elements: Strings, integers, lists, dictionaries and all that
- Nov-5-2018: Structuring your code: Functions and imports
- Nov-12-2018: Getting help: Learning how to find help