Note: Our Committee Oversight Textual Structures are in beta testing - for early access, please contact support. The online documentation is in active development, and parts may be unavailable/incomplete.
Overview: Our Committee Activities tool captures a detailed representation of sentences describing the activities that the committees engage in. These textual structures are intended to facilitate analysis of how corporate oversight has evolved and to capture the justification used during decisionmaking. The components of this platform include:
- Activities: Descriptions of activities engaged in by the committee, including justification of why decisions were made.
- Compensation: How committees determine and adjust the components of executive compensation.
- Objectives and targets: The targets that are established by the committees to evaluate firm and manager performance.
- Engagement of external firms: Selection of external firms, such as consultants and auditors, and the activities that those firms are selected to perform.
- Nomination and selection of director and executives: The criteria and process by which directors are selected.
- Evaluation of management: The criteria and nature of committee evaluations of management.
- Meetings Held: How many meetings a committee held.
- Meeting Attendance: Proportion of meetings that a manager attended.
- Membership Status Determination: Determinations of independence and financial literacy.
- Committees of the Board: Details of the number and names of the committees and subcommittees that the board has.