1) Use of our services
All usage of our services are governed by the following conditions:
- All accounts are intended solely for use by the named individuals, or named connected individuals that are added, as permitted in your plan. You must not share access to your account with others, process data on behalf of others, nor share or distribute process data with others in any means.
- You may not attempt to interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security of our services or those of our services providers, including overloading our services or those of our service providers with excessive requests.
- You may not attempt to reverse-engineer our services, or use or access our services to create a similar, related, derivative, forked, improved, or competing versions of our service or any proportion of it. For example, you may not use or service to create a service to process textual material, including material that we do not currently process, or to add new features to our services.
- You may not copy, distribute, share or publish any material from our website or services, except as explicitly permitted under your licensing agreement or with written permission from Menai Insight.
- You must not use our services for illegal purposes, to infringe the contractual or intellectual property rights of others, to influence elections or other forms of referendum, or to defame, harass, blackmail, or other harmful, illegal, or targetted behavior against individuals or companies, including attempts to manipulate stock prices. So as not to invade privacy, our academic citation licensing agreement also requires that example textual structures containing information on individuals and companies to be anonymized prior to being included in publications. Your use of our services must not violate any law or regulations, both in the State of Michigan and the jurisdiction where you are located, and you solely are responsible for such violations.
- You agree not to hold Menai Insight responsible for your use of our services.
- You may not misrepresent your affiliation with Menai Insight.
2) Availability of our Services
The ability to provide our services may be limited for reasons outside our control, and should not be relied upon for time-critical purposes. Reasons which may impact our ability to provide our services include:
Menai Insight is committed to making our products and services available as globally as is technically and legally feasible for us to do so. For reasons outside of our control, however, we are unable to provide our services to users located in countries subject to US sanctions (currently including Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria); service providers that we rely upon, such as payment processing, likewise impose restrictions on such regions. Due to our reliance on Google Drive for document transfer, we are also currently unable to offer our services if local restriction limit access to Google Drive (if this applies please contact support: while we are unable to provide assistance in circumventing local restrictions, we are working to establish alternative transfer provisions).
Our services are intended for non-time-critical purposes, and all indications of processing time, for example, 24-hours or 7 days, are indicative, provided for informational purposes only, and should not be relied upon. Actual processing time may be influenced by a variety of factors including: Natural events, including power-outages; server load; and scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Processing times may also be increased outside of regular business hours, as well as around holidays and academic conferences.
3) Unsupported and prohibited material
Each of our analysis tools has been designed to function on a specific domain. As explained below, usage outside of these domains is not supported, and certain material is explicitly prohibited.
Usage outside of the supported domains
Each of our analysis tools has been trained in a specific domain, and performance may be severely degraded when used on non-supported domains. For example, if a tool is indicated as functioning on a particular filing of US public firms, then use on text from a different domain (e.g., filings of UK firms), may function in unexpected ways due to different terminology. While we do not restrict such material (i.e., except explicitly prohibited material described below), to avoid disproportional resources, we do not undertake systematic manual reviews of the analysis either. If you are interested in a domain outside of their intended usage, we strongly suggest contacting support at email@example.com prior to subscribing to our services.
Material explicitly prohibited
Based on various legal and privacy considerations, we explicitly prohibit certain materials from being used on our service. These materials are far from the intended applications of our tools, and thus these restrictions are unlikely to limit typical usage. The following material are prohibited from being used on our services:
- Material obtained from social media, emails, and other 'user-generated' sources.
- Private or confidential data, including survey or interview responses.
- Hacked or stolen material, including 'publically released' breaches.
- Material obtained from the so-called 'darkweb' (i.e., websites only accessible via Tor).
- Material focused on illegal behavior, narcotics, pornography, terrorism, or any obscene or illegal material.
We reserve the right to add additional areas to the above list as deemed appropriate.
When subscribing to our services you agree to pay the associated fees. When submitting payment details you agree for Menai Insight's third-party payment processors to charge your payment method for the indicated amount, and agree to the payment processors terms and conditions. All information that you provide must be accurate, complete and current. Your service will not commence until funds are received, and we may seek further information to ensure your eligibility for the service or to prevent fraud. Menai Insight is not responsible for any delays that arise from delays in receiving payment. All payments are charged in US dollars (or converted currencies offered by our payment processors during the purchase process); you are responsible for any payment processing or currency conversion fees that may be charged by your financial institutions.
Our subscriptions do not auto-renew: prior to the end of your subscription period, we will send a reminder to renew your subscription, at which point you may opt to continue or end your subscription. Subscription rates may be adjusted at this point. You are responsible for paying any payments due, and any service interruptions that result from delays to payment.
5) Sales Tax
Menai Insight collects sales tax where we believe that we are required to do so. As a Michigan based business, with all of our operations located in the state of Michigan, we do not currently collect sales tax on sales outside of the State of Michigan (although will begin doing so if we are required to). In addition, since Michigan does not subject services to sales tax, we currently do not collect sales tax on subscriptions to our services in the State of Michigan. In locations where we do not collect taxes, you are responsible for determining and paying any taxes that may be due.
As we offer services (that typically involves significant manual classification effort), we cannot offer refunds on our subscriptions. Please be aware that all purchases are final, and we are not able to offer refunds for unused services (indeed, our high usage allowances are specifically intended to generously high, such that most users do not need to worry about reaching these limits). However, we want you to be satisfied with your purchase. If you have any concerns, please contact our support, and we will we will communicate with you to understand your issue, and look to resolve any problems.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws in force in the state of Michigan. The offer and acceptance of this contract are deemed to have occurred in the state of Michigan.
You may cancel your Subscription at any time; any refunds are subject to the refund terms contained in this Agreement. We may terminate this Agreement with you if we determine that: 1) you have violated any applicable laws while using our services; 2) if you have violated this Agreement or other licensing agreements; or 3) if we believe that any of your actions may legally harm Menai Insight or our business interests, at our sole decision or discretion. In the event of termination, we will strive to provide you with a timely explanation, however, we are not required to do so.